Full course description
Workshop on Multi-Track Diplomacy – CATOES003
This workshop over two weekends (40 hours) will develop professional skills in multi-track diplomacy addressing societal conflict and apply them to search for common ground in the current conflict in Israel-Palestine. A simulation engaging influential civil society representatives will be co-facilitated by workshop instructors with over 30 years' experience working with this and other conflicts around the world. CATOES002 is strongly recommended as a concurrent course.
Participants will also interact simultaneously with for-credit students taking parallel courses online, who are expected to join the face-to-face classes on campus whenever possible, to enhance experiential learning for both credit and non-credit students.
- Dates and Times: January 4 - 6, 2019 and January 11 - 13, 2019
- Meets on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
- Friday: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Saturday/Sunday: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Workshop Location: Chincoteague Hall Room 1109 (CIDCM conference room)
- Optional companion evening seminar: Multi-Track Diplomacy and Conflict Transformation (CATOES002).
- Orientation session: Wednesday, January 2, 2019, from 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Enrollment open until January 2, 2019